Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So how did did I get here?

Ah dear reader, I salute you. I tend to ramble. That you read this warms my heart.
I thought I would outline a little game play history on how I got to where I am. In August of 2005, I purchased WoW. I was playing Final Fantasy Online at the time, and resisted WoW when it first hit the shelves. So there I was with my new Night Elf Hunter (she is still semi-active thou many alts have come and gone). I picked a Hunter solely for the chance of have a kitteh pet. In FFO, I had been in a guild called the Kitty Kat Gang. Can ya see a pattern here? :)

So I leveled her with a few other guildies from FFO. We had all made the leap to Guild Wars and now to WoW together. In time I was raiding in Molten core and AQ40 and farming Ony when TBC came out. And suddenly, a hunter seemed like the relative at the family reunion that no one really dislikes, but they don't really want to have over to dinner either. The guild just had too many. So I created the one thing our guild needed, a Draenei Restro Shammie. Wow... suddenly I was Miss Popularity. My poor hunter gathered dust as my shammie leveled, entered and conquered Kara, Gruuls, and was starting in on TK and SSC. (In fact the poor Night Elf is still wearing Beastmaster gear).

But here something odd happened. The same gamers I had played with across three games and five years seemed to change. Our casual style disappeared as it become more and more challenging to progress. I wasn't able to raid with them consistently due to real life events. And to be honest, I just didn't pay enough attention to the little things to play at that level. So we started to drift apart. I was a little bored with WoW and decided to create a Horde character just to see some new scenery and quests.

Thus was born Amineh. I decided to make a Paladin just because it was the one class I had never really played on any alt. I was invited in a starter guild of great people and leveled away, spending less and less time on my Ally toons. When it become clear I wasn't going to welcome to return to raiding with my old so called friends. I found a guild that still had a place for a new raider.
They opened my eyes to a side of WoW I never knew existed. This guild is truly like a family. We help each other, just to help. They mentor noobs like me with the patience of a saint (even when I cause a Raid wipe single handedly, more on that in some future post!). They made the game fun again when others had made it seem like work.
So that really is were I am today. Future posts will talk about some funny stories of life as level 70, offer *coughs* pearls of wisdom that I have learned about pally tanking and in general just babble on as a way to pass the time. If you bored enough or just curious, please read on and I will even beg for a comment so I know I am not typing to myself :)

No comments: