Monday, May 19, 2008

Welcome to the corners of my tiny little mind

I often have wanted to write stories about the characters I play in games like World of Warcraft but I seldom make the time to write. As I play this game and try to learn how to play a new class, I decided I wanted to journal my experiences.

I have a blog over on myspace about my so-called life. It seemed to me there was as much in it about about my gaming as about the real me so I am gonna move my gaming chatter here. But since there is a real person behind the toon, I'll add a little here about me.

My friends call me Tina, but it says Christina on my ID. I am a 48 year old divorced mother of one and surrogate grand mom to four living in Southern Mississippi. When I can find gainful employment, I am a computer geekette that has been in desktop support and Network administration for a little over a decade. I graduated from Purdue University in 1990 after doing a tour in the Army to get the money I needed for school.

I got hooked into gaming way back in the day when RPG's were Dungeon & Dragons type pencil and paper affairs. I was dating someone that was into it and gaming together was a way for us to be closer. After we went on different paths, it was an outlet for my imagination. When computers entered the arena, I was first seduced by Diablo II. Then gaming was like crack to me. I played a Korean game called Talesweaver that no one that speaks English has ever heard of, followed by Ragnorok Online, Final Fantasy Online, City of Heroes, and finally World of Warcraft.
I have never been, nor do I foresee ever being an "uber" gamer. I play to relax and unwind and I am not overly ambitious. I like to think I am above average at what I do but that may just be my own conceits showing. I always considered myself a fast learner, but when it comes to WoW, I am constantly humbled. I am a "Cancer" and tend like many born in that time to be reflective, a bit of a homebody, fiercely loyal and since I am also a redhead, entirely too emotional and quick to anger.

I have been playing WoW since 2005, starting on the alliance side where I have a Night Elf Hunter and a Dranaei Shaman in semi retirement/alt status. Playing them has led me to Amineh, my Blood Elf Tankadin on the Horde Side. All are level 70's and raid at various places.

No comments: