Friday, May 23, 2008

The things you have to do for money (or gear)

So I have made some Kara runs, off-tanked few pulls in Gruuls, the priest on Mulgar and the first channeler in Mags. Starting to get at least the hint of some decent gear. So what did I do this week? Respecced to Holy! Huh? I wanted to be a tank? am I nuts? Not really, it is just that I am not really ready yet and aside from the above mentioned roles, I am not very useful. So I decided I had to do something to increase my available roles and thereby increase my ability to gear up and be a proper tank!

Our Kara runs need more heals and that was really the deciding factor. I can accept even speccing back and worth if needed. I have my epic mount so with all the dailies, cash isn't a huge issue. So I am playing with a 41/20/0 spec. I am so far rather pleased with it. It works nicely for soloing, seems to allow greater flexibility with my mana pool and in theory will allow me to heal pretty good. I can still throw on tanking gear to off tank so long as the DPS'ers watch Omen. It did mean shelling out a lot of money to get an initial set of healer gear and some enchants, but all in all, I think it is a great investment.

I am still gonna be a pally tank, I just may do a lot of healing to get the tanking gear I need to put me over the top in my ability to be effective. I was getting a little frustrated with the limits on the class. This is a nice break.

No comments: